Consumer Reports and others expose hearing aids- learn more
- Hearing Impairment is more complex than the common vision problems opticians treat.
- Consumers buy hearing aids and accept benefits significantly below their hearing potential.
Dr. Gil's Whisper Hearing Test - Try It!
Today's hearing aids are easily able to deliver whispered sound... even for people with severe hearing loss. That level of hearing correction can be accomplished without distorting the naturalness or loudness of other sounds. If you don't hear whispers, your hearing loss has not been corrected.
Dr. Gil's Hearing-In-Noise Test - Try It!
Today's hearing aids are able to deliver whispered speech in moderately noisy places, and a significantly separated speaker's voice at a loud party, even for people with severe hearing loss. Here's how you can test them.
Understanding Your Hearing Test - learn more
When you go in for a standard hearing test you generally take at least two tests. One test results in a graph called a Pure Tone Audiogram. The other results in a percent correct score, the Speech Discrimination test.
Don't Age Early - Learn More
Long-term sound deprivation results in withdrawal, psychological ailments, cognitive deficiencies, and a host of issues that make a person age prematurely.
FAQ - Learn more
- Consumer Reports and Others Expose Hearing Aids
- Dr. Gil's Whisper Hearing Test
- Dr. Gil's Hearing In Noise Test