One of our skilled technicians will look in your ear using an otoscope, a magnifying lens with a light. They are looking to make sure that your external ear, ear canal, and eardrum are clean and free of debris or earwax, and that everything looks normal.
After looking in your ear and assessing the size and shape of your ear canal, the technician will choose a foam block and place it approximately halfway down your ear canal - deep enough for a good impression, but nowhere near the eardrum. The technician will then fill your ear canal and ear with a silicone impression material. The material will sit in your ear for approximately 5 minutes, then the technician will jiggle your ear gently and remove the finished impression.
Clean, Check & Repair Appointment
- Examine your ear canal.
- Clean the earpiece and replace the tubing, filter and hook as needed.
- Check the integrity of the hearing aid's digital, electrical and acoustical performance with the same quality control instrument used at the factory.
- Do minor repairs as necessary.
- Check and clean the microphones, receiver and battery contacts.
- Discuss how you are doing compared to your last visit.
- Schedule you for a hearing test or appointment to adjust the programming in your hearing aid as needed.
Extra cleanings on the Budget Path or cleanings for aids bought elsewhere cost $35/hearing aid.
We will replace the tube, clean the aid and check the performance. The cost for this service is $20/hearing aid.
Battery and Accessory Sales
We have a wide variety of products available for your purchase.